We just received more updates from our team in China. To keep up with the team, visit Becky Miller’s blog: http://beckyjmiller.com/. Also, keep checking right here for updates from other team members. We’re not sure how often they will be able to give us updates, but as soon as we get one, we’ll post it. In the meantime, please keep praying for the team. Below are some specific ways that you can pray for them right now. You can also download the prayer guide, which lists all the names of the team and information about the trip. PrayerGuide
- Pray for rest and strength–working at the orphanage is exhausting, both physically and emotionally. Most of the day is spent in loving on, and caring for the kids, who all have so many different disabilities and diseases. In Becky Miller’s words, “loving these children is easy, yet heartbreaking.”
- Pray for the Welfare Center in Hengyang–the Welfare Center (also referred to as the orphanage) is run and staffed by the government, and conditions are pretty bad. Billy said they are having to take in abandoned kids all the time (8-10 a month). They all are either premature, cleft lip, disabled, etc., so their parents don’t have the will or the money to care for them.
- Pray for their team leader–Nikki who is from California
- Pray for the Physical Therapist on staff at ICC–Allison Kennedy
- Pray for the caretakers at ICC and the Welfare Center–their job is really tough-heartbreaking, long days
Thank you for joining with us in prayer. Have a great Thursday!