We are excited for our KidsRock Team to put on an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Morning before our Easter Worship Celebration. We could really use some donations of plastic Easter Eggs and/or candy to go in them. If you could help us by bringing a package or 2 or 3 or 4 or 10, that would be great! You can bring your donations with you on Sunday to Travis, Monday to Man Time, or college students may also bring donations to Tuesday’s College Family Dinner. Thanks for helping us serve our families and families in the community!
We would love to have you join us at the Lion’s Club Rec Center for our family-centered Easter Celebration. We will have an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids at 10am, and our Worship Celebration immediately following 10:30am. We will not have childcare facilitates available at the Rec Center, so kids are welcome and wanted in the service. They will be included in everything we do. We invite you to come as you are, and your friends and family are most welcome to join us. The address is 170 Charles Austin Dr · San Marcos.
Please let us know if you have any questions:
email@example.com * 512.761.7722
HE IS RISEN!
Pic from when we prayed before the surgery…
We’ve been praying for Garrett as he has been undergoing treatment to get a brain tumor removed. About a month ago, he had the first part of the treatment, which was surgery to remove as much they could. Tonight, Garrett begins the next round of treatment which is about 5 weeks of radiation. We prayed for him yesterday at our Worship Gathering, and we would like to ask you to continue your prayers. He will have treatments 5 days a week for the 5 or so weeks. The first one is around 10pm tonight. Please pray for the radiation to attack and destroy the tumor, and also pray that the radiation doesn’t touch anything it’s not supposed to. We have believed the whole time that God will have the LAST WORD on this tumor, and we are still holding to that. Thank you for praying!
On Sunday we heard from River Stone folks who are going to spend at least a part of their summer doing Summer Projects with CRU. The links below will take you to their fundraising pages where you can give directly to them individually.
Tyler Luker (Senegal)
Trey Schmitt (Greece)
Colin Hamilton (Greece)
Mare Floto (Greece)
Breanna Chive (California)
Sam Williams (Greece)
Cody Wilson (Lebanon)
Marissa Pena (Greece)
- God Undefeatable (Austin Stone)
- You Are Worthy of Your Glory (Austin Stone)
- Holy Spirit (Jesus Culture)
- With Everything (Hillsong)
- Forever Reign (Hillsong)
- Solid Rock (Austin Stone)
Proverbs: Truth & Lies
- Spring Break Mission Trip to Haiti
- CRU summer projects to Senegal, Greece, and California
- Conflict in Ukraine
At our last Man Time, we used some of the intro to “Dude’s Guide to Manhood” to launch into some great discussion. We will continue that discussion on Monday night. We will be pulling some ideas up to chapter 3. If you have time to grab it and read it, great. If not, still come because it will be great discussion. Hope to see our RS dudes there!
click book cover for amazon link
River Stone Community Church
40 Days of Earnest Prayer * March 5 – April 13, 2014
“So Peter was kept in prison, but earnest prayer for him
was made to God by the church.” -Acts 12:5, ESV
The idea for our 40 days of prayer comes from this verse in Acts. The church was moved to earnestly pray for Peter. As a result of their praying, supernatural things happened that even surprised them. It is good for our church to earnestly pray in this way. We will be led through our 40 days of earnest praying by “Seek God for the City” which includes praying for the Kingdom to come to the city and the world. It also includes praying for each other.
This 40 day experience will draw us near to God and near to each other as we pray together.
Seek God for the City (Prayer Guide)
- Give testimonies on our RS Facebook Page and use #earnestprayer
- Tweet testimonies using #earnestprayer
- Leave comments on the RS blog (www.theriverstoneblog.com)
- E-mail testimonies to firstname.lastname@example.org to share with the church family.
Prayer-gathering each Sunday at 1pm
Focused Sunday Prayer
- Fasting is a spiritual discipline that allows us to draw closer to God. Consider giving up something during the 40 days that would allow you to focus more time with God. Examples could be fasting one meal per day, fasting one day per week, fasting from certain types of food, fasting from things such as social media, television, etc. The point of fasting is not what you’re giving up, but what you are gaining. You are gaining a feast on God. Would you pray about what you could do without to gain more of God?